Latitude error or damping error
Cause: It is caused by the vertical damping method.
(1) External compensation method-calculate the size and sign of the latitude error according to the latitude error formula, and deduct it from the reading of the gyro compass;
(2) Internal compensation method—calculate and output the signal transformed according to the law of latitude error, and apply the compensation torque to the gyro compass.
Cause: The movement of the base changes the implicated movement of the main axis of the gyro compass, resulting in pointing errors.
(1) Speed error correction table;
(2) External compensation method-use mechanical simulation method to calculate the error value according to the expression of speed error and deduct it from the heading reading;
(3) Internal compensation method-calculate and output the regular speed error compensation torque to compensate the gyro compass.
1) Impact error
When a ship is maneuvering, under the action of inertial force, the main axis of the gyro compass changes from the stable position at the beginning of the maneuver to the stable position at the end of the maneuver within the duration of the maneuver.
2) Baseline error
When installing or using the compass, the error occurs when the compass baseline does not coincide with or parallel to the bow and stern lines.
3) Swing error
The error produced by the gyro compass when the ship is swaying.