Typical digital compasses often have the following characteristics:
1. Three-axis magnetoresistance effect sensor measures planar geomagnetic field, biaxial tilt compensation.
2. High-speed high-precision A/D conversion.
3. Built-in temperature compensation minimizes temperature drift in tilt and pointing angles.
4. The built-in microprocessor calculates the angle between the sensor and the magnetic north and outputs the RS232 format data frame. Optional RS485 and RS422 outputs.
5. It has simple and effective user calibration instructions.
6. Has a pointing zero correction function.
7. The outer casing structure is waterproof and non-magnetic.